Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Super EASY Salsa

Super EASY Salsa


A few years ago I went to a mexican themed dinner and a friend brought some semi-homemade salsa that was so good! I loved it wanted to know how she had made it. It was practically green because it had so much cilantro in it but it was delicious! The best homemade salsa I'd had.


This recipe is one I have come up with after lots of tweaking. It uses canned tomatoes and fresh veggies but the flavor is amazing (in my and my family's opinion)! You can make it as hot or as mild as you want by using fresh jalapeño or even pickled jalapeño in a jar. I have made it both ways and really like both. The fresh jalapeño adds a little more heat while the pickled jalapeños are spicy but, to me, add a little sweetness. I cut the gland and the seeds away and only use the flesh of the fresh jalapeño.


Ingredients:

1- 14.5 oz can Fire Roasted
1- 10 oz can Rotel Original
1 small bunch cilantro, rinsed and chopped, without lower stems
½ medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed or finely chopped
1 jalapeno (more or less, to taste) seeds and gland removed


Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. About 30 seconds to 1 minute is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment