Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Thai Noodles

Actual conversation:
"What do you want for dinner?"
"I don't know, what do you want for dinner?"
"I don't know."
"What do we have?"
"I don't know."

How many times a week does that conversation take place in your home? It happens A LOT in mine! Sometimes I am just uninspired.. and tired of the same old thing. Sometimes I don't know what to make and I go to the pantry for inspiration and just come up short. But sometimes... sometimes I find something like peanut butter that inspires me! I saw the peanut butter and thought Thai! I went to the computer and found a recipe that looked easy enough and went to work.

I made a few changes (like I always do)... add this, eliminated that.. and the dish that resulted was AH-mazing! The kids loved it and everyone went back for seconds. ºÜº

What You'll Need:
1 box of Fettuccini or Linguine noodles
2 Tbs. oil
1 lb. Chicken breast (I used 4 small breasts)
2 cups shredded cabbage
½ cup shredded or julienned carrot
½ cup chopped celery
½ cup chopped green onions
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup chicken broth or water
2 Tbs. sesame oil ( you can substitute vegetable oil as well)
½ tsp chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter

How to Make It:
Heat 2 Tbs oil in a large sauté pan over med-high heat. Once the pan and the oil are hot, and the chicken breast and cook until done, about 5 mins on each side. Remove from pan and set aside. Lower flame to medium and add the veggies. Stir fry until the cabbage begins to soften. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, chicken broth or water, sesame oil, chili sauce and peanut butter to the pan. Mix and stir until all ingredients are incorporated. Lower the flame to low. While the sauce is simmering, chop the chicken into strips, add to the pan and stir. Add the noodles are stir until coated well with sauce. Serve immediately.







No comments:

Post a Comment