Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chicken and Pasta with Semi-Homemade Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce

In my previous post I mentioned my love for Italian. Not only do we enjoy "red" and "white" pasta sauce on a regular basis, I've recently added this sauce to the monthly dinner rotation. I believe I first had this type of sauce at Olive Garden served with my favorite entree Ravioli di Portobello. So often I have a dish at a restaurant and begin to deconstruct it in my head, hoping to figure out the ingredients and ultimately recreate it at home. I was ecstatic when this sauce came together and tasted so very similar to OG's :)


This sauce is so easy. I make it a couple of ways. The easiest bar far, is this semi-homemade version using jarred marinated sun dried tomatoes and jarred alfredo sauce. I make it a 'one-pot' dish for easy clean up!


Ingredients:
1 Tbs olive oil
2 chicken breast halves
2 Tbs. flour
2 Tbs sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp dried or fresh basil
1 cup milk
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 jar Alfredo sauce
1 box pasta, cooked according to directions



Heat 1 Tbs olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken breast and cook until deliciously browned. Remove the chicken and set aside, reserving the drippings. Turn the flame down to med-low and add the flour. Whisk the flour into the drippings until smooth. Add the chopped sun dried tomatoes and stir. Add the basil. Heat until the mixture is bubbly. Slowly add 1 cup milk, whisking constantly. Add the parmesan cheese and continue to whisk. Add the jar of Alfredo Sauce and stir until combined. Heat through.


Chop the chicken breast into bite size pieces and add to the sauce. Add the cooked pasta and stir til combined. If the sauce seems a little sparse for the amount of pasta and chicken, add a little more milk and stir.


No comments:

Post a Comment